Thursday, March 6, 2014

New Blog Design and Features

Guess Who Got A Face Lift?!  




For sometime now,we have not been very happy with the feel of our blog layout and I haven't had the time to add the fun widgets I wanted, the pin it buttons to the photo's, or the Blog Button ...and don't get me started on the mobile version!  So we started looking our options.  The Incredible Mr. N is pretty dang amazing when it comes to computer skills and my dado is nothing to shake a stick at in that department...but just because you can, doesn't mean you should, right?!  So we decided to leave this to the professionals and see what was out there!   Our ultimate Goal is to build a design from the ground up...work with a designer that will take care of the whole shebang!  Blog, Logo's, Business Cards, Facebook Cover, and the list just goes on.  However, we are not quite ready for that.  It takes time and we are pretty short on that at the moment, but mainly we just haven't ironed all the "branding" kinks out yet.  So the best solution was to find a pre-made template we liked and add on some of the, well, add ons:)  We found Carrie's Etsy shop Carrie Loves Design and we really enjoyed the clean lines and simplicity in her designs.  So we picked a favorite and made the purchase...last night...like late.  And this morning I woke up and the Blog Elves had came and installed everything, and it was so lovely!  We still have a few tweaks...we are changing the pink to a darker color easier to see, and I'm moving some cosmetic stuff around but honestly I LOVE IT!  I really hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do and hopefully the mobile version will work a little better.  So a huge THANK YOU to Carrie and if any of you are looking for something in the blog design department check her out!


Peace, Love, and Blog Elves:)
ShellyLyn Nguyen


P.S. Don't ya just adore my nifty new tag line?  Well I do...but then I'm easily amused... 

(*I want to add that the previous blog template we had was very nice, the design shop we bought it from was very easy to work with and had really fun designs.  It just wasn't...us, hence the change)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...