Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Monday Mood Board: Creative Collection December 2nd- 8th

 

Hello Again my Peeps! It's another week, a fresh new month and an exciting Holiday Season! I have my weekly Mood Board (that never seems to get published on Monday) ready to motivate me. So lets see what I have planned and what is inspiring me the most right now...and hopefully it will help to spur your creativity along as well!


1. Spark: Well for me and mine (as well as many of you out there) it’s Christmas Time!  There is just something amazing about this time of year! And nothing gets me in the mood more than a Christmas color scheme!  Red, Green, and White is my go to palette, and I use it, in some way, every single year. This year, I'm also adding chalkboard to jazz it up!
2. Projects and Progress: I am so excited about this little guy and his friends that I am stitching up! Why you ask? Well because I made him.  And I don’t mean I just stitched him... I dreamt him up, then I drew/doodled him (about 50 different ways) and finally stitched him!  This is a big deal because a decent stick figure is huge accomplishment for me! If you want your own little Reindeer Games Hoop art/Ornament check out Stik a Pin In It on Etsy. Come on, do it...you know you want to.
3.  TBR & Reviews:  I found this lovely little ebook, A Hip Handmade Holiday, on one of my favorite blogs, The Alison Show and I fell in love.  Many of these projects will show up in my holiday decor and friends and family might even get a few of them wrapped up all pretty under their trees! And make sure to check out The Alison Show...this lady rocks it!
4. Guilty Pleasure:  Doppio-  An espresso double shot. Or as I like to think of it, pure heaven.  I have been living off of these as of late, and drink WAY too many in a day. But I can quit whenever I want, I can, if I wanted to that is... but come on, who would want to?! 
5. Featured Friday: Felt is my new favorite material.  I can’t get enough of the textures and colors, and the possibilities are endless.  Recently I discovered felt balls and decided to try my hand at making them myself...I then promptly went straight to my laptop and ordered them pre made in various colors and sizes from other Etsy shops.  So make sure to read this Friday’s Featured Friday Post all about my frustrating foray into felt balls and all the wonderful things I can’t wait to make with them...at least the ones I bought from other people...ha!


So time for me to go stock up on Doppios, craft supplies and cheesy Holiday movies and get busy on my month of handmade holiday goodies!
Peace, Love and Felt Balls,

ShellyLyn Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...